Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Horror at Homecoming - A Murder Mystery Dinner Party!

This year for Halloween, my husband and I hosted our 
Dinner Club for a night of MYSTERY!

I purchased & downloaded a murder myster dinner party kit from
NIGHT OF MYSTERY, an online murder mystery company!

Since it was October and prime Homecoming season in OKLAHOMA,
we chose the Homecoming theme!


The site was very easy to use! You simply choose from a long list of themes:
Vegas, Homecoming, Margaritaville, Western, etc. and purchase online! 
You recieve, via email, a PDF file with ALL of the materials you need for your party! Character sheets, including their back story & goals for the evening, the how-to, party timeline, invitations, fake money, awards, name tags, etc! I took the PDFs to Kinkos and had them print everything off. From there, I sorted and mailed out each character's parts about 20 days prior to my event! 


PARTY DECOR:



Who has a Homecoming Dance without a...
BALLOON ARCH?

I hired a local balloonist to create this MAGIFICANT arch for my living room! Behind it, I hung silver plastic table cloths with 3M hanging clips.

I had over 200 blue and silver balloons in my living room & kitchen!
(IT WAS AWESOME!)


From there, I hung streamers and a disco ball from my ceiling!


I made a Homecoming Dance banner for my mantel and covered 
our family photo with poster board & streamers!


I covered my bar with silver wrapping paper and strung silver tinsel.


I had the balloonist make a balloon column on the bar as well!


I added balloons and stars to blue spray centerpieces from Party Galaxy.


 


I hung blue pom poms and silver streamers & stars from my kitchen chandelier!



I served wine in paper blue cups hot glued to candle stick holders!





 PARTY PICS: 

Before the big event, we decided that our school colors would be 
blue & silver and that we would dress "90's"!! 



ME - Party Planner!!
(I LOVED taking formal pictures in front of this Balloon arch! It made my entire year!)

Our Dinner Club Couples:
(Please note: this is supposed to be the "90s" & everyone came in character!!)

Me & My Hubby!
(Aka: Sarah Social & Roy Rivers)

 
Jamon & Jill
(Aka: Alan Algebra & J.J. Smart)

Coy & Cassity
(Aka: Coach Walters & Teach Tanner)

Sarah & Bryan
(Aka: Debbie Taunte & Peter Prez)

Tara & Brooks
(Aka: Dolly Dancer & Bobby Backer)

Monte & Ashlyn
(Aka: V.P. Patterson & Katie Clerical)

Brian & Amber
(Aka: Kevin Kicker & Cindy Sensational)

Heather & John
(Aka: Sally Spirit & Ryan Rival)

Sterling & John
(Aka: Gabby Backer & Larry Lineman)

All the girls!
Love these ladies for dressing up & having fun with ME!!!!

Girly party pic! 


 
Coy acting out his Coach Walters Part!! 
(So fun)


HOMECOMING COURT: 

I purchased blue & silver homecoming sashes for the
"Homecoming Court" 
& a crown and tiara for the King and Queen


Who is going to WIN Homecoming King & Queen??


Peter Prez & Debbie Taunte think they are the winners!

But OH-NO.... I think the ballot might have been tampered with!
EEK!

The winners are:


Dolly & Bobby!!!

TIME FOR MYSTERY: 

These girls are acting out their characters! 
There was a lot of back stabbing, bad mouthing & bribery going on!!



THE MURDER: 


The lights went out & someone fell dead!!


OH NO -- IT'S BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!
(Dead but still holding a beer - classic)



Kevin Kicker mourns over him! :(

 

As Dolly weeps, V.P. Patterson reads what just happened.



It's time to figure out WHO DUN IT!!


CONCLUSION:

After a night of debauchery and bribery, everyone VOTED for:

BEST DRESSED:


Monte & Ashlyn!!


BEST ACTING: 


Tara & Brooks!!


MOST MONEY/BRIBERY: 


Cassity!!


AND LASTLY, 

WHO NAMED THE MURDERER: 



Bryan!!

Want to know who killed Bobby?? 

You'll have to buy the kit @ NIGHT OF MYSTERY
 and host your OWN Homeoming Party!


And finally, we had to give the crown & tiara to it's rightful winner,
PETER PREZ & DEBBIE TAUNTE!
(what a shame someone tampered with the votes!!)

Dolly & Bobby do NOT look happy about this!



HAPPY HALOWEEN!!

THIS WAS THE BEST DATE PARTY EVER!
**I HIGHLY RECOMMEND**

xoxo,
Jennifer, aka Sarah Social! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment