Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Planet Birthday Party!

 A Planet Birthday Party!!

To say my boys are fascinated by our solar system would be an understatement! They LOVE everything SPACE! We talk almost daily about our moon, stars, earth and all the planets in the sky! We now own an extensive collection of planet books, puzzles, magnets, stickers, games, kits, wall decor, and more! 

When I asked the boys what kind of birthday party they wanted this year, they both shouted, "A Planet Pool Party!" So, with that unanimous vote, the planning began! We talked about having it at our neighborhood pool, how we would get planet beach balls and Saturn's rings.... we could have a "Moon" bounce and serve Star-burst and Star-crunch, o, and Moon pies! We had the best time planning their "Planet Party" together!! 

So, without further ado, check out this 
AMAZING SPACE/PLANET/SOLAR SYSTEM party 
for my twin boys, 
JAKE AND JACK!! 
Birthday Boy, Jake
Birthday Boy, Jack


Back of their shirts say,
"when i grow up i will be... out of this world!"
->Birthday shirts from CWDKids.com paired with swim trunks from Old Navy.

THE INVITATION:


->Printable Invitations from Amanda's Parties To Go.
I changed the wording to include a count down starting at 4 versus 3, 
since the boys were turning 4, and some of the other wording to be more "spacey"!



 THE BOYS' REACTION:
They were stunned, happy, elated and ready to party!!










Baby Brother, Jameson:

I could not leave him out! 
So sweet!

PLANETARIUM POOL:




->I filled the pool with inflatable planets from Amazon.com.



"MOON" BOUNCE:


->Of course we had to have a "Moon" bounce!! 
Custom sign made by Amanda's Parties To Go
and bounce house from Sooner Bounce.

SATURN'S RINGS:


->I piled up two dozen ring floats from the Dollar Tree for the kids to play with!
Custom printable from Amanda's Parties To Go!



SIGNATURE DRINKS:




->All parties should have a signature drink! Blue "Moon" for the adults
and "Sun"kist and Capri "Sun" for the kids.

[Side note....Every time I see these drink pics I hear Sheryl Crow singing, 
"The Sun and the Moon.... but all I want to do is have some fun, 
I got a feeling I'm not the only one!"]


THE BOYS' PRIVATE CAKE TABLE:

Jake's Chair
Jack's Chair






->Cakes by Tina Stepp! 
->Candles from Party Galaxy.
->Custom toppers, signs and birthday banner by Amanda's Parties To Go
-> Rocket Picture from Garden Ridge


THE BOYS' GUEST TABLES:


I had two guest tables set for 24 kiddos! 

Each setting had a pizza plate, cake plate, rolled napkin & fork,
water with custom label, party hat and a treat sack! 

Down the middle of each table I had 12 jars full of 
"Solar System Sweets!"

Overhead, I hung lanterns, 1 for each planet, starting with the sun, 
along with, two inflatable astronauts with the boys' faces!!

SO....
can you name all the planets?? 

My boys made sure I 
ordered them correctly earlier that day:
(my friend Brandi can vouch for the 'group' effort!)

SUN
MERCURY
VENUS
EARTH 
(& it's Moon)
MARS
JUPITER
SATURN
URANUS
NEPTUNE
PLUTO 
(we had to include cute little pluto!)

[side note -- because I find this so uber-fascinating! 
I never knew/learned...um, listened perhaps, 
that the Sun is 109 TIMES the size of the Earth. 
And Jupiter....well, it can fit 3 Earths in just it's giant red spot! 
And not only that, but it is so big that it is 2.5 times the size of ALL 
the other planets combined! 
WHAT??!! Who knew.... NOT ME!]

Anyhoo, back to cute party stuff:

PLANET LANTERNS




-> I made Earth by spray painting a blue lantern with green and white!
Do you see Hurricane Isaac?? 
It had just slammed in to the Gulf a few days
prior to the birthday party! It brought along with it cooler temps in OK!
(and I mean, mid 90's "cooler".... )

Astronaut Jake!

Astronaut Jack!
 -> Inflatable astronauts from Amazon.com. I printed out the boys' faces on my 
computer and added them on before hanging!!


 -> I made Saturn's rings by cutting out a circle on poster board and 
glueing tissue squares to both sides! It stayed on the lantern without
any adhesive! (Bonus!!)


-> I made Jupiter by spray painting brown on a red lantern!



PLACE SETTINGS







 





 -> Orange treat sacks from Michael's.
-> Die cuts from Lakeshore Learning Center (Teacher's supply).
-> Plates from Homeland.
->Napkin Ring printables from Amanda's Parties To Go
-> Kids Ozarka water from Target and printables from Amanda's Parties To Go
 -> Party hats from Target. Custom printable from Amanda's Parties To Go
-> Table cloths from Garden Ridge
-> Striped wrapping paper used as table runner from Target.




SOLAR SYSTEM SWEETS:



Moon Pies
Starburst
Mini Oreos as Black Holes

Mini Chips Ahoy as Moon Rocks
Sky Bars
(found at Cracker Barrel Country Store)

Tootsie Pops as Planet Pops

Little Debbie's Star Crunch

Star shaped Marshmallows as Star Mallows

Peach Rings as Saturn's Rings

Milky Ways

Orbit Gum



 THANK YOU:


Jake on their new Space Shuttle and Jack holding Earth!
Picture used for custom Thank You cards through Mpix!


Jake and Jack had an AMAZING time at their birthday party! 
I wish I could share ALL the pictures with you! We had such
a wonderful evening filled with friendships, new and old, 
swimming, bouncing, talking and singing!

Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us!
We love you and cherish your friendship!

Here's to a wonderful 4th year with our precious boys,
JAKE AND JACK!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOYS!
We love you,
Mama and Daddy



12 comments:

  1. Wow! So, so CUTE! Thank you so much for sharing the boys' sweet party with me... what a fabulous treat! Great job, Jennifer!!! I hope the boys will remember this one for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party was definitely OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Aubrey is still talking about how much fun she had! We love Jake and Jack!!! Happy Birthday to the sweetest, happiest, cutest twin boys we know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sweet! Thank you Ashley! It would not have been the same with your family there!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. so cute! you are so creative - love your ideas! Thanks Jennifer for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shana! Let's stay in touch even though I am off FB!!

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful! I love, love, love your attention to detail! How much time did it take you to set up? What do you do with the items after the party?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your parties are always "out of this world," Jennifer! So glad we finally got to attend one in person rather than just pictures. You always have such wonderful party elements. I've decided my favorite was the boy's shirts...at least, that's my favorite at this very moment. Loved it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the blog posting! Awesome, Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like watching the pics and how was structured everything congratulations :)from Central america

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the snack and drink ideas, but what did you serve as the main lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the snack and drink ideas, but what did you serve as the main lunch?

    ReplyDelete