I have been so busy working on the Boys' Big #2 coming up and wanted
to share with you one of my latest crafty party ideas I will be using on the birthday display table!
This turned out so cute and was so EASY and FUN to create!
Here is the HOW-TO:
Materials Needed -
- Laffy Taffy Sticks (3 for $.99 at gas stations and drug stores)
- Laffy Taffy Chews (buy in bulk or in packages from any store)
- Craft Paper & Template
- Hole Punch
- Lollipop Sticks (from Hobby Lobby/Michael's in the make n mold section)
- Glass Jar/Vase
The Laffy Taffy Pinwheel:
- Follow these pin wheel directions (or do steps below)
- Cut craft paper into 5" squares
- Cut a 2.5" diagonal slit at each corner (see template from Family Crafts.com)
- Hole punch each corner (see direction #7 from Family Crafts for a visual)
- Bring each punched corner together in the center to create a pin wheel look
- Push a brad through the lined up holes in the middle
- Push the brad through the top of a Laffy Taffy stick and secure in the back
- To keep the Laffy Taffy stick from bending, I attached a lollipop stick to the back using clear tape
- Wa-Lah...a Laffy Taffy Pinwheel that actual spins!
- Make several Laffy Taffy Pinwheels (depending on how big your vase opening is)
- Pour the Laffy Taffy chews in your vase
- Arrange the Laffy Taffy Pinwheels
- To give it a stair step look, I poured about 1/3 of my bag in the bottom. I add a couple of the pinwheels to the forward side of the vase, added the second 3rd to the vase and middle layer of sticks and finally, the last bit of taffy chews and the back layer of pinwheels. (The back layer needed the most support from the lollipop sticks)
- If you like, tie your ribbon around the top of the vase and add a tag!
I hope you enjoy this special bouquet!
This is great for a kids party or even to cheer up a friend for their birthday!
Looking forward to sharing more of theses upcoming birthday crafts with you!