*** CUTE & YUMMY HALLOWEEN TREATS MADE EASY!!***
30 fresh strawberries
8 ounces of chopped white baking chocolate*
1 teaspoon of shortening*
1/8 teaspoon of almond extract *
[*alternative, Bark Baking White Chocolate Squares]
1/4 cup of miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Wash the strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until they are completely dry.
- Chocolate Mixture: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate and shortening at 50% power and stir until smooth. Stir in the almond extract. (You can also use Bark Chocolate Bars and melt as an alternative)
- Dipping: Dip the strawberries in the chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts' tails.
- Ghosts: Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze for 5 minutes. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Use frosting kit for mouth, or excess chocolate chips can be melted and applied with a toothpick!
*** I also think this would be cute (& Super Duper Yummy) using Cake Balls!! ***
- Cake Mixture: Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any pan size. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting of choice until well blended. (Strawberry cake mix & Strawberry icing is YUM! Taste Tested my self! I am pretty sure Chocolate/Chocolate would also be YUM!)
- Chocolate Mixture:Use same chocolate mixture as above.
- Ghosts: Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the cake mixture. Freeze for 5 minutes. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Place on waxed paper to set. Freeze for 5 minutes. Use frosting kit for mouth, or excess chocolate chips can be melted and applied with a toothpick!
Strawberries & Picture courtesy of Taste of Home
Cake Balls courtesy of my friend Christie Michie!