Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Easy Owl-Ween Treats

Bring a convenience store treat―a MoonPie―to life!

I saw these a couple of weeks ago in the Southern Living magazine! They looked so cute and yummy so I clipped the page so I could remember to make them when it got closer to Halloween! I have the perfect green bowl/vase to display them in with candy corn! When I make these, I will post...but for now, enjoy the idea and recipe! Let me know if you make them too!

Ingredients:
Moon Pies
Oreos (Open-faced)
M & M’s
Candy Corn
Sprinkles
12X1/4-inch dowl, available at craft stores
Ribbon
Styrofoam

Directions:
Secure cookies and candy to your MoonPie with melted chocolate candy coating.
Then insert the dowel into marshmallow center and secure with more chocolate.
Add ribbon to the dowel at the base of the moon pie.
Add styrofoam to the bottom of a your vase and top with candy corn.
Arrange moon pies for an eye-pooping, kid-friendly treat!!

Picture courtesy of Southern Living and Beth Dreiling Hontzas / Styling: Buffy Hargett

No comments:

Post a Comment