Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Black and White Halloween Pumpkin Carving Party!

Every year I host a 
Pumpkin Carving Party 
for my girlfriends! 

This year I decided to use the color scheme 
Black and White 
based on a few blog posts my friend Ashley found! 

It was a wonderful evening full of laughter and friendship, 
and a wee bit of competition and red carpet action!

Check it out...


THE BLACK & WHITE DESSERT STATION



Hanging spiders from Martha Stewart at Michael's craft store!


Black and white pumpkin idea from Stone Gable.
I used decorative brads and ribbon from Hobby Lobby to embellish my pumpkins
 and placed them in a discount Halloween wire basket from Ross!




CAKE AND COOKIES
Yummy black and white two tiered cake and assorted sugar cookies by Tina Stepp!


SWEET TREAT!
Ghost Peeps on a stick!
(I placed them in an open cookie jar and used napkins, craft paper, ribbon and sticker to embellish!)


Dark Chocolate truffles! 
YUM - My favorite!

Ghiradelli Twilight Dark Chocolates 
and 
Inside Out Junior Mints and Halloween black Dots!


 Black and white Sixlets with black licorice pinwheels on bottom!



"BOOOS"
aka...wine!
I found these great halloween wine labels by Martha Stewart at Michael's! 
Simply tape the tag over the wine label! 
Of course, 7 Deadly Zins did not need one! :)

I made wine tags with craft paper (same paper used for banner) and a 2" scalloped punch.
It was fun to let each guest monogram their tag using gemstone letters from Hobby Lobby!


GIVEAWAYS

I sent my guests home with these cute Halloween bat bags full of white chocolate popcorn!
The bats were made using mini black bags from Michael's, large goggly eyes 
and craft paper cut into bat wings and fangs! 
So easy...so cute!










CARVING TIME


Some of the finished products...



After we carve, each guest is asked to vote on their top three pumpkins. 
While the votes are being tallied, I put on a....


HALLOWEEN SOCK
 RED CARPET EVENT!!

All the girls are asked to come wearing the most Outrageous Halloween Socks
they can find! This year I decided to make my "own" outrageous socks!

Halloween Dog Puppet Socks accompanied by the song,
WHO LET THE DOGS OUT by the Baha men!!
To me...it was GREATNESS!! 


Some of the other participants walked to
I'm too sexy (Right Said Fred) and I like to move it, move it (Madagascar)

Such fun socks..

Meow...

Maternity skeleton ensemble...LOVED!

 Loved the socks with wiggly toes!

The girls working it....





THE WINNERS!!!!





**PARTY PICS**






What a fun fun fun night!!
I can NOT wait for next year!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

xoxo,
jennifer

4 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful night filled with friends, food, and FUN! Thank you SO much for hosting my favorite party of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had another "spooktakular" event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww they are so cute! I love those little white pumpkins.

    Cheers to you!
    Cristine
    Pumpkin Carving Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful selections of pumpkin carvings! I also have a pinterest board featuring pumpkin carving ideas and designs that you may want to check out. I'd love to include some of yours if you won't mind. Cheers!

    All the best,
    Anne Walker

    ReplyDelete