Sunday, October 31, 2010

Annual Girls Pumpkin Carving Party!

Every year I host a 
Pumpkin Carving Party
for my girlfriends!

It's an evening where we gather as friends
drink wine, carve pumpkins, eat dinner and
"show" off our most fashionable Halloween Socks!

It is a great evening, you know, we like to carve pumpkins too!

This year was one of the best parties yet!
There were 17 of us and my house was filled with pumpkins, wine
and laughter; some of my favorite things!!

I am thrilled to share with you ALL the party details...

The Invitation


Guests were asked to bring one pumpkin to carve and one bottle of wine to share
and asked to wear the most outrageous Halloween Socks they could find!
I would provide carving kits, templates, dinner and desserts!


The Party Timeline



THE SET UP:

DINING ROOM



This dining room set up was partially inspired by Martha!
Pumpkin Candy Faces and Flying Place Cards can be found on her 
website, MarthaStewart.com.


DINNER BUFFET STATION

Every year I serve the girls a "Spook-tacular" Halloween meal!
recipes can be found on my 405Moms blog!

A special thanks to TomKat Studio for the most adorable Halloween
printable party templates! Check them out on Etsy!



DRINK STATION
"Spook-tails"


 Each guest brought a bottle of wine to share and I provided an Orange and Purple
Spook-Tail mixer that could be mixed with "Poison" if guests dared!
I dipped glasses in Karo Syrup, black and orange sugar and added
two gummy eyeballs, a straw and straw tag from TomKat Studio.

DESSERT STATION






 For dessert, guests dined on Yummy Mummy cupcakes made
by one of my "Mummy" friends, Jessica, chocolate covered popcorn in self
serve bags with a TomKat Studio label, candy corn, dark chocolate kisses, 
chocolate dipped marshmallows and Ding Dong spiders!
Guests were sent home with Hershey's miniature chocolates in a treat
bag with a TomKat Studio Happy Halloween label.

CARVING TIME

I love the carving time! 
The girls pick templates, share carving tools, drink wine, munch on
appetizers and have great 'uninterrupted' conversation!


DINNER TIME

  

PUMPKIN LIGHTING 
and
JUDGING
The lighting ceremony is actually my favorite! 
It is so neat to see our pumpkins come to life! Lots of "Ooohs!" and "Ahhs!" 
(Next year I'll remember to turn OFF my flash! Ooops!) 
After all the pumpkins are lit, the girls are handed a sheet of paper and a pen and are
asked to vote for their TOP 3 pumpkins! This is kept secret! The ballets are 
then handed off to my husband (holed up in the back room with the kiddos) and 
he tallies the votes while we get our GROOVE ON THE CAT WALK!
Which leads me to....

THE RED CARPET FASHION SHOW


 LOOK AT THOSE CANDY CORN HEELS! 
WOO HOO!!

The girls walk the red carpet cat with
'I'm To Sexy' blaring overhead! 

This is soooo fun and funny!

Winners are picked by an applause - meter!


 THE AWARD CEREMONY
Pumpkin Carving:
1st Place
 Okay, Summer has now won 1st place two years in a row!
She is now The Official Pumpkin Carving Pro!
1st Place Winner Award - Trick or Treat Cookie Display Plate, Cookie Cutters
and a 1st Place Ribbon!

2nd Place
Brooke's kitty cat wins her 2nd place! So cute!

2nd Place Winner Award - Candy Corn, Cookie Cutters
and a 2nd Place Ribbon!


3rd Place
Jamie's spooky spider wins 3rd!

3rd Place Winner Award - Halloween Runts, Cookie Cutters
and a 3rd Place Ribbon!


Halloween Socks:
Best Presentation
 Did you see those Candy Corn heels? Of course Ashley wins
best Halloween sock presentation!

Best Sock Presentation Winner Award - Custom Halloween Headband from
Gray Stitch Studio! Check them out on Etsy!



Best Halloween Socks
 Renae's Halloween socks with toe holes and googly eyes
win her best Halloween socks!

Best Sock Winner Award -
 Trick or Treat Cookie Display Plate and Cookie Cutters


Worst Halloween Socks
If you purposefully "forget" your Halloween socks,
I am right there to lend you a pair of mine! No one
gets out of the cat walk! Brooke "forgot" hers (2nd year in a row mind you)
so she won a pair of Halloween Socks to wear next year! 
GOTCHA! :)


 PARTY PICS
That is "ME" in the 
DRINK UP WITCHES T-SHIRT! 
Loving it...
(and PS: I am 23 weeks preggo with my 3rd son, so note that too!)







WHAT A FUN NIGHT!

This is SUCH a great Halloween Party...
I hope you have one next year too!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
XOXO,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment